Hi Jags!!… of course used in the term of endearment form. We’re going to have something a little bit different on the YaJagoff Facebook page tonight, Thursday, 3/9, 7-9 p.m. It will be live!
John and Rachael will be hosting a panel discussion called “Media on the Media” which is going to be an open discussion about today’s media ecosystem. We still have traditional media outlets, although many of them have become non-traditional, as well as blogs, newsletters, podcasts and streaming video. What does that mean for the traditional newsroom? What does that mean for the readers, listeners and viewers?
That will al be discussed in the two hours in this first-of-a-series streaming event which will be hosted by the Pittsburgh Media Partnership at their Media Hub.
Panelists for this event will include:
- Halle Stockton, editor-in-chief of PublicSource.
- Andrew Conte, Director of Point Park University’s Center for Media Innovation.
- Bernie Ankney, Dean of Point Park’s School of Communication.
- Jim Busis, CEO and publisher of the Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle.
- Donna Baxter Porcher, founder and CEO of Soul Pitt Media.
- Sonja Reis, publisher and editor of McKees Rocks-based Gazette 2.0
Hope you join us on line 7-9 p.m.