Well… on social media this morning, we gave excuses that today’s blog post was delayed for things like:
- Rachael was making Team Pitt hockey hoagies
- John was out too late at the Psychedelic Furs concert
- It was determined that the Squirrel Hill Tunnel Monster was a mean pickle
- Someone tripped over a cat reading the label of the Pittsburgh Pickle Company jar
- Because the Pirates went back in time and traded for catcher William Martin “Pickles” Dillhoefer?
But.. here’s the REAL DILL on why: The Picklesburgh 2019, Pickle Juice Drinking Contest Registration opened today at 10am! We had to keep it a secret until now.
Think you’ve got what it takes to come out on top in the Pickle Juice Drinking Contest, presented by the Pittsburgh Pickle Co.? This year’s competition is more brine-y than ever, and you’ll compete for honor, glory, and pickled pride.
Contestants will vie in ten preliminary rounds on Friday, July 26 and Saturday, July 27, with winners of each round moving on to compete for the honor and glory of competing in one championship round on Sunday, July 28 at 2:45 p.m. The winner of that championship round will be named the 2019 Mayor of Picklesburgh and receive a prize of $500!
Entry is first come, first accepted until all slots are full. Accepted participants will receive an email confirming their competition time slot 1 – 2 days after their submission and must respond to confirm their time slot.
Slots will go quickly… like last year…so REGISTER NOW HERE.