Who doesn’t love nachos?
They have it all: protein, carbs, veggies, and—best of all—cheese!
Our friends from Ciao Pittsburgh shared their famous Italian Nachos recipe with us. You can make their quick, delicious, and easy nachos at home in mere minutes. This mouth-watering recipe is so simple to make, and your friends and family will absolutely rave about the results. You’ll be a hit at the Super Bowl Party.
If you’re craving a little variety in your nachos or don’t have all the toppings below, try swapping out some of the ingredients.
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 2 lbs ground sausage of your choice (we used sweet)
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 tsp sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 13.7 ounce can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 5 large pepperoncini, cut
- 20 large black olives, cut
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 5 large sun-dried tomato halves, sliced thin
- 2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 bag restaurant-style chips
- 5 large basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On the stovetop, cook EVO and ground sausage; once cooked set aside.
- Sautée onion in oil; once sautéed, mix with ground sausage and set aside.
- In the baking dish add a layer of restaurant-style chips.
- Now add some sausage and sautéed onion; mix it over the layer of chips along with mozzarella.
- Splash some sauce all over, add fresh basil and sprinkle Italian seasoning over layer.
- Next layer, add another layer of chips, sausage with onion, mozzarella, olives, artichokes, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, cubed tomatoes, and splash tomato sauce all over.
- Sprinkle more seasoning, add basil, and then the rest of the mozzarella.
Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until your desired liking.
Mangia! Your famiglia will love it.