Photo from Mary Mac Bakehouse
Ireland meets Italy in this Irish Tiramisu made with Five Farms Irish Cream!
The flavors and textures blend to make a delicious dessert that will definitely pick you up.
Mary Mac, from Mary Mac Bakehouse, a licensed home bakery located in southwest Lawrence County, made this recipe for the Pittsburgh Irish Festival earlier this month, so you can watch along while making it if you like.
Thank you to Mary Mac for the recipe!
- 1 7-oz pack Savoiardi ladyfingers (24 pcs, DeLallo brand or similar)
- 1 ¼ c very strong coffee OR 1 ¼ c hot water with 3 Tbs instant coffee or espresso powder dissolved
- ¼ c Five Farms Irish Cream OR 2 Tbs good Irish whiskey
- 1 8-oz Neufchâtel cream cheese
- 2 Tbs butter, softened (Kerry Gold works great)
- 1 ¼ c heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbs Five Farms Irish Cream
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbs baking cocoa powder
- You will need 2 large bowls, 1 medium bowl, and a 9”x9”x3” glass dish with a lid
- Prepare coffee and let cool to room temperature
- Once coffee is cooled, add ¼ c Five Farms Irish Cream OR 2 Tbs good Irish whiskey. Mix well and pour into a large flat bottom bowl. Cover and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix Neufchâtel, butter, ¼ c heavy cream and beat well
- Add 3 Tbs Five Farms Irish Cream. Continue to beat until well blended. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 c heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form
- Fold into the large bowl with the Neufchâtel. Blend with mixer until well blended. Cover and set aside
- Dip Savoiardi ladyfingers one at a time for 3-4 seconds into the coffee mixture and lay into the bottom of your glass dish. Carefully cover the bottom of the dish with cookies
- Top with half of the cream mixture and smooth until level
- Add another layer of dipped cookies and cover the cream layer
- Top with remaining cream mixture and smooth until level
- Using a small sieve, carefully sift the cocoa over the top of the cream until it’s completely covered
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Serve after dinner for a “pick me up” (tiramisu means “pick me up” or “cheer me up”)
Watch Mary Mac’s cooking demo in the Five Farms Celtic Kitchen at the 2022 Pittsburgh Irish Festival below!