This recipe idea takes pizza to a whole new level!
Grilled eggplant pizzas make an easy and fun summer meal, appetizer, or side dish that’s gluten-free and vegetarian. It’s a delicious combination of flavors that makes for a satisfying meal. The dish combines the sweetness of the eggplant with the savory taste of cheese and herbs.
Eggplants are particularly good at absorbing flavors from other ingredients. They also cook very quickly, so they’re perfect for grilling.
Our friends from Ciao Pittsburgh cooked up their own recipe for Grilled Eggplant Pizza below!
- Whole eggplant
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning per slice
- Half a jar of sauce
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- Any topping you would like to add
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 in pieces.
- Spray pan with olive oil.
- Place eggplant in pan and sprinkle Italian seasoning on both sides.
- Cook on both sides until there is color on each side. Now add to baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once preheated spray cookie sheet with olive oil spray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Halfway turn eggplant over and add sauce, cheese and the toppings of your choice.
- Once done pull, from oven and drizzle extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle aroma and add a little fresh basil.
Mangia! Mangia! Amici!