Allianna from Allianna’s Kitchen sent us her great “Everything Bagel Seasoned Chicken Wings,” for today’s JeetJet!
These crispy and savory Everything Bagel Seasoned Chicken Wings paired with garlic aioli are a staple in our house. The lemony aioli sauce combined with the dijon mustard gives this aioli a nice kick. With this recipe taking less than 10 minutes to prep, we love using this recipe as a quick and easy dinner as well as a staple appetizer to meet all of our hosting needs. These wings and sauce are always a crowd pleaser.
This recipe was inspired back in 2020, when we were all stuck at home, she writes. Her husband and her have always been a huge fan on wing night and they wanted something different to try. These wings are not only juicy and savory, but they literally have the best flavor too!
for the garlic aioli
- Avocado mayo- Consider avocado mayo a staple in paleo cooking. It is a great alternative for conventional mayo that is loaded with unhealthy fats. I like to get a big bottle at Costco because we go through it so fast but you can also get it here. I also use it to make homemade dressings. Like I said, it is a staple in our kitchen.
- Dijon mustard-This is an added French touch and I am here for it. Dijon is totally optional but in my option it is what gives this garlic aioli a nice kick.
- Lemon juice-Lemon juice is what separates mayo from aioli. Do not skip!
for the chicken wings
- Chicken wings- You can use fresh or frozen. Typically I use frozen because I like to keep a few bags stashed in the freezer for a quick and easy meal or appetizer. However, you can totally use fresh.
- Everything bagel seasoning- I get mine from Trader Joe’s but you can also buy it here.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, and salt– All of these ingredients naturally come in the seasoning but I like to add extra to enhance the flavor.
- Fresh parsley-The perfect garnish. Who does not like fresh herbs?
Cooking the chicken wings in the air fryer:
Preheat the oven or air fryer to 400. Mix all spices, everything but the bagel seasoning, garlic, onion powder and salt in a bowl. Mix the wings with half of the seasoning and add to the baking sheet or air frying pan.
Set the timer for 20 minutes. Once 20 minutes is up flip the wings and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Add the remaining seasoning. Give the wings a quick spray with your cooking oil to prevent them from drying out. Set another timer for 20 minutes.
Cooking the chicken wings in the oven:
Preheat the oven or oven to 400. Mix all spices, everything but the bagel seasoning, garlic, onion powder and salt in a bowl. Mix the wings with half of the seasoning. Add a non-painted cooling rack over top of a sheet pan and spray with cooking spray oil.
Add the wings to the sheet pan in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
For the garlic aioli:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon.
Chop up fresh parsley and garnish on top.