Sometimes it really is… all in a name. My story is somewhat of a Cinderella story too.
I have been a true foodie all my life and never realized it until I became an adult. I grew up with the opportunity to try new foods around the world and was encouraged to partake in new experiences. When I found myself in college in Pittsburgh, I fell in love with the food scene and never turned back or went home. But BurghNosh does not even start there. After having a child and needing a creative outlet, BurghNosh was born as an ode to Pittsburgh (Burgh) and an ode to my food-loving parents (Nosh).
What started out as a simple hobby has quite recently turned into a brand-new career where I cover all things food from caviar to gas station hotdogs and I love all food equally! My new adventure and full-time job have become helping local restaurants and businesses market themselves as well as sharing what makes them special to the digital world! I wanted to share via these photos some of my beloved spots around the city that I believe are the essence of the growing Pittsburgh food scene!
Favorite Pittsburgh Restaurants
1. Grande Jr.’s Pizza: Their buffalo chicken pie is next level; I have eaten a lot of buffalo pie in my life! Outside the city, however it is worth the drive!
2. Merchant Oysters: When you want to feel like you are eating the best fresh oysters at the beach- but then you remember you are stuck in a Pittsburgh snowstorm.
3. Poulet Bleu: Quintessential French dining that has mastered the classics!
4. Scarpino’s: Relatively new spot that opened during the pandemic that focuses on using really (really) good ingredients to recreate classic comfort dishes.
5. Oak Hill Post: Voted one of the best spots in Pittsburgh, this classic sandwich spot effortlessly pairs fun creative ingredients for deliciousness.
6. Mediterra Café/Mt. Lebanon: I cannot get enough of the gorgeous creations whether they be drinks or small plates.
7. Franktuary: I almost made my IG page exclusively about hot dogs! I love the endless ways to top your dog at this spot and will usually make mine over the top!