Unfortunately this event has been cancelled due to changes with the Allegheny County Department of Health public event suggestions. We hope you will continue to follow for more VIRTUAL fun for the holidays.
Covid has canceled a lot of activities, but it can’t cancel the spirit of the holidays. So howz abaht a socially distant, one day, outdoor yuletide? Not a believer?
On Saturday, November 21, Duquesne Light presents the YaJagoff Yuletide that even Santa endorses. Here’s his checklist:
Go ‘head, check it twice, Duquesne Light Company and YaJagoff Media are bringing yuletide to the RJ Casey Industrial Park, 1800 Preble Avenue, from 1-9 p.m. and its outside!
- A Celebratory Group Photo Showing Holiday Festivity: Maybe not in the traditional sense, but enjoy multiple selfie stations with your ‘pandemic pod of peeps,’ masked and distanced from others. Snap shots of your group with Pittsburgh icons like the Duquesne Light switch, Kennywood Trolley (KB Plumbing), a huge Isaly’s chipped ham sandwich (PittsburghHomes) and a Mancini’s Bread Christmas tree (made with BREAD!)
- Music and Salutations: We have that covered also! Holiday audio and video messages, social media salutations, and holiday sounds will be heard and seen all day on the Pierce Events jumbo screen. See your Instagram, Twitter pics, and posts on the big screen all day with #LightsYaJagoff.
- Unique Shopping Experience: Small businesses make holidays happen! Enjoy a 6° of Ya Jagoff mini marketplace with Sprezzatura, the Pittsburgh Smokehouse food truck, YinzLidz, North Country Brewing, SinBin Kreations and even more unique giftables to start your holiday shopping right.
- A Santa Sighting (starting at 3pm): Not only is a Santa pic in question, selfie style and 6 feet apart of course, but Rohrich Automotive will have the ultimate Santa send off! Make sure the kids bring their Christmas letters to drop off to Santa and he will have them in his sack as he leaves the Yuletide celebration.
- Singing: Of course, there will be signing! It’s Johnny Angel’s parking lot. But in a Pittsburgh Yuletide way. Sing “Santa Claus is Goin’s Dahntahn” with us on Facebook Live!
- Lights, YaJagoffs! Duquesne Light will flip the giant switch at 7:35pm to brighten the parking lot with a special message and celebratory lights!
The only detail missing is the $10 admission, all of which will go to the Pittsburgh Firefighters and Operation WARM, to purchase coats for area kids in need.
Go to Eventbrite to purchase your ticket and select your entry time frame to enjoy the Ya Jagoff Yuletide. (Eventbrite link)
“After what has been a very challenging year for so many, Duquesne Light Company (DLC) is honored to partner with YaJagoff Media to bring some much-needed holiday joy and cheer to our region,” said Hollie Geitner, Director of Communications for DLC. “This is another example of how Pittsburghers are showing that our spirit, imagination and creativity are stronger than ever.”
One last detail! You can’t join us on site? Join us virtually on social media. As we flick the Duquesne Light switch at RJ Casey Industrial Park, you can join in. Join us virtually on social media by turning on your porch lights! When you do, snap a pic or video saying, “It’s Yuletide Ya Jagoff!” Hashtag #LightsYaJagoff and so that we can post your pic on the Pierce Events jumbo screen!
Get Tickets: (Eventbrite link)