Today’s BLAWG post by YaJagoff Podcast co-host, Rachael Rennebeck
The Pittsburgh Business Times reported that Pittsburgh was named one of the 10 best places to live in the United States, according to a Livability.com list.
The Steel City ranked 8th out of 100 cities listed with a population between 20,000 and 1 million. W for wow Pittsburgh since last year we landed at number 34! Now to mention the top 10 Pittsburgh things that most likely contributed to our status:
10. Our black and gold fan base
9. Our three rivers
8. Our love and appreciation of pierogies
7. Our wearing of Steeler jerseys as a fashion ‘do’
6. Our claim to fame is the famous Mr. Rogers
5. Our Heinz Ketchup bottles on most restaurant tables
4. Our parades–since we rank for both St. Patrick’s Day, Labor Day and amount of Super Bowl parades
3. Our ability to place fries on everything from salads to sammies
2. Our famous parking spot holder—parking chair
- Our unique use of the word ‘Ya Jagoff’ as a catch-up term of endearment.
Just needed to pay tribute to our amazing city that survived the years of smog and smoke to become a leader in technology, medicine, education and now a most livable city. There’s no place like home, ya jagoffs!