OK, so we’re a little late on a back to school tips but, if you’re looking for how to be frugal throughout the school year, how to search for colleges and sort through the financial aid pile of acronyms, this is for you! Oh, and if you don’t care about back to school tips, you’ll appreciate the PLLs (Professional Lunch Ladies) who steam-rolled their way into the studio. Finally, we have an anonymous school teacher from Seattle who tells us stories about Parent Jagoffs!
VIEW the Episode Promo Video:
If you don’t see the player bar below, click HERE or listen on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Soundcloud, Google Play Music, Stitcher Radio, Overcast, Pocket Casts, and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
- 01:00 We are back in the studio for the first time in weeks. A record crowd was expected at the Pitt vs Penn State Football game, 70,000, and pretty sure we had that many people in the studio for this episode!
- 03:30 PLLs, somehow, two Professional Lunch Ladies barged into the studio. Quite honestly, they’re nuts but…..
- 07:10 First up, Dr. Nancy Berk, podcaster, author, humorist, Parade Magazine columnist, stand-up comedian and mom. She wrote a book, College Bound and Gagged, on how to NOT go insane over choosing, touring and paying for colleges!
- 17:40 Our anonymous teacher, a real teacher, comes on to tell us about parents being Jagoffs.
- 25:00 What about battling the fashion issue with sending kids back to school. And, there’s a new secret to the FASFA rules that could make a parent’s life so much less stressful around tax time when filling out those damned forms. Femme, from the www.FemmeFrugality.com blog is with us. Craig’s all ears knowing that he has 3 boys that will have to go through this process!
- 37:15 The PLLs, Professional Lunch Ladies are back. They have a long tradition of lunch lady work in their past. They want us to eat healthy… but, of course, we’re eating donuts and cupcakes and drinking chocolate milk!
- 45:15 Don’t forget about the John Knight running for POTUS! He’s having a contest to see who wants to be his VP running mate under the #Jagoffs Party. You can win some cool prizes. Get details.
Big thanks to PCC (Professional Cake Creator) Cathy Burnheimer of Frosted Envy for the chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Yeah, that’s what we said! Cupcakes filled with cookie dough!!
We’re happy to announce that Frosted Envy will be a regular food sponsor of our podcasts!
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7/365 worldwide. Audio On-Demand in your hand on smartphone, tablet, laptop and desktop computers. SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network on all listening platforms and all of the shows on the network delivered to you in one master feed.
– APPLE users can find us on the iTunes and Podcast app.
– ANDROID users can find us on Google Play Music,
– ALL users can listen on computers, tablets, and smartphones via RSS, SoundCloud, Stitcher Radio, Overcast, Pocket Casts or tunein radio, website or apps.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Photo Credits: The Food Tasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Production: Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil
How to Follow Everyone on Twitter:
- The Podcast @YaJagoffPodcast
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- The Clarks @TheClarks
- Missy Moreno @SikeItsMissy
- Alex O’Brien @AandSandO
- Dr. Nancy Berk @nancyberk
- Whine at 9 Podcast @Whineat9
- Femme Frugality @FemmeFrugality
- Frosted Envy @FrostedEnvyPGH
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
Follow us on Snapchat:
Search: PghPodcast and YaJagoffPodcast
Or Snap our codes below…