This podcast we had a ton of people in to talk about Fourth of July picnic protocols…like drinking wine out of plastic cups and a heavy debate about the tradition of the strawberry jello pretzel salad! But we first learn some Pittsburgh news from Kim Lyons on Jaggin’ the News!
If you don’t see the player bar below, click HERE to listen while you work or whatever!
LISTEN to the Podcast show right below or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
- 00:55 Don’t forget to enter into our Summer Porch Tour Contest Presented by the Port Authority. Craig’s son Jack is a champion little-leaguer and Craig’s an uncle again. But we’re getting ready to discuss the July 4th Picnic protocols of the Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad!
- 04:40 John Knight planning to show grill tips IN the studio?
- 04:56 Kim Lyons with Jaggin’ the News, a quick way to get caught up on pertinent Pittsburgh news.
- 13:12 John Knight grilling tip on getting the charcoals started.
- 13:54 John Cornwall, sommelier for the Capital Grille, Downtown Pittsburgh, with picnic wine-drinking tips including NOT drinking out of plastic cups, wine pairings for the summer picnics and his evaluation of the in-studio tasting of the jello pretzel salad. He suggests champagne for the jello salad!!
- 23:10 John Knight has the grill lit and….
- 24:12 The Great Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad Debate with Chef Tom Totin (CookSpeak Podcast) who is anti-jello, Mary MacAnallen (Mary Mac’s Bakehouse and Standing Chimney) who is pro-jello and Pittsburgh’s favorite scene reporter and PG advice columnist, Natalie Bencivenga.
- Tom and Mary make their cases and then Natalie gives advice on what to do if a jello salad shows up at your picnic!
- 41:51 The Food Tasters has announced who won the Capital Grille wine dinner for 4 complements of Chef D.
- Make sure that you follow The Food Tasters for tips on where to eat what all around Western Pennsylvania.
- 44:50 John Knight causes a fire… who knew THAT would happen?
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud, Google Play Music or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Photo Credits: The Food Tasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Production: Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil
Follow these Jagoffs on Twitter:
- The Podcast @YaJagoffPodcast
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- Kim Lyons @SocialKimLy
- Capital Grille @CapitalGrille
- Chef D @DiamondChefD
- Natalie Bencivenga @NBSeen
- Tom Totin @CookSpeakTom
- Mary MacAnallen @MaryMacMixes
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
Follow us on Snapchat:
Search: PghPodcast and YaJagoffPodcast
Or Snap our codes below…