The YaJagoff! Podcast | “Holding Class Outside Today”
Just like in school, when your teachers would announce, “We’re moving class outside today, kids!” we are all excited to move our podcast outside to the West Park area of Pittsburgh’s North Side. And we get ice balls from the Gus and Yiayia’s cart! While we waited, we talked to Sue Kerr about her #AMPLIFY project, The Food Tasters about the Deutschtown Music Festival and the most entertaining chiropractor in Pittsburgh, Dr. Brent Shealer, talks about “Text Neck” or “Tech Neck!” And, we’re asking everyone what they would do with the Stanley Cup if they had it for one hour.
View the Episdoe Promo Video:
If you don’t see the player bar below, click HERE to listen while you work!
LISTEN to the Podcast show right below or on iTunes, Soundcloud and TuneIn via “Pittsburgh Podcast Network”
Episode 25 Show Notes: “Holding Class Outside Today”
Episode Music: Chicago, “Saturday In the Park”
- 01:20 We had a chance to record a video with singer/songwriter Michael Franti but not before we sweated our butts off and John got a flat tire after the Pens loss in game 5!
- 06:42 Tasha has made good with Denise Schuster from last week’s podcast and has a ton of information about things happening on the North Side, The Deutschtown Music Festival, neighborhood restaurants and an Allegheny Inn update
- 15:50 Sue Kerr, Pittsburgh LGBTQ blogger, www.PghLesbian.com <http://www.pghlesbian.com> , sits in the park with us to talk about her #AMPLIFY project: a series of blog posts which have turned into an interactive stage production at the Off The Wall Theater.
- 30:25 Pittsburgh’s most entertaining chiropractor, Dr. Brent Shealer, talks about an actual health issue that we, and our kids face, “Text Neck or “Tech Neck” which is a real thing!
- 41:35 Wrapping up, we convince Craig’s son Jack (or twist his arm as oppressive adults) to use his money to buy ice balls. He was the only one responsible enough to bring cash!
The Food Tasters had set us up with brunch at Pizzaiolo Primo in Market Square. It was an unbelievable mouth-stuffing experience! They will be one of our stops for our Party Pedaler Podcast recording this coming week!
How to Listen Regularly:
– All shows on the “Pittsburgh Podcast Network” are free and available to listen 24/7 On-Demand in your hand on smartphone and tablet and on your laptop and desktop.
– Apple users can find it on the iTunes Podcast app or player.
– Android users can find it on the SoundCloud, Google Play Music or TuneIn website or app.
* SEARCH: Pittsburgh Podcast Network
Don’t forget, we have a phone number, i.e. a heckling line. Call us 412-444-8JAG
Find daily #Jagoffs posts at www.YaJagoff.com <https://www.yajagoff.com>
VIEW: YaJagoff Podcast Facebook photos Album | Full Facebook Photo Album
- Photo Credits: The Food Tasters The Pittsburgh Podcast Network
- Production: Frank Murgia and Wayne Weil
Follow these Jagoffs on Twitter:
- The Podcast @YaJagoffPodcast
- John Chamberlin @YaJagoff
- Craig Tumas @CraigTumas
- John Knight @JKnight841
- Off the Wall Theater @OTWTheater
- Sue Kerr @PghLesbian24
- Deutschtown Music Festival @dmusicfest
- James Street Gastro Pub @jamesstreet422
- Lola Bistro @lola_bistro
- Legends of the North Shore @legendspgh
- Cool Beans Food Truck @coolbeanstruck
- The Allegheny Inn @thealleghenyinn
- Pizzaiolo Primo @pizzaiolo_primo
- Dr. Brent Shealer @DRBrentChiro
- Michael Franti @MichaelFranti
- The Food Tasters @TheFoodTasters
Follow us on Snapchat:
Search: PghPodcast and YaJagoffPodcast
Or Snap our codes below…